Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sade Live in Pittsburgh...

I must say I feel so sorry for the younger generation that has no idea of what a real concert is.  I have been to many a concerts and it wasn't until now that I can truly appreciate what I just experienced.  The price of the tickets were up there but this is one concert I wasn't going to miss by a long shot.  By the way this is my birthday gift from me to me.

For one we know how to show up fashionably late and dressed to to the 9's!  But this time me and the company I went, was early.  Eating out a decent sit down meal and bypassing the traffic to get a good parking spot, locate the nearest restrooms to our seats and most importantly our seats.  Some would say that showing up early is tacky.  But for us it wasn't.  Our section 202 row D seats 1-3 got upgraded to complementary section FLR 4 seat 3-6 , about 20 minutes before show time.  So being early for once is not tacky!

Lights start to dim at 8 o'clock on the dot!  All eyes turn to the stage to see John Legend ready to get the crowd going.   He started out with Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" .  Not to shabby of a rendition of the song, that is if you like other artist doing cover songs.  Of course he ended with 'Green Light'.  Now your energy is on a high and you seen the run for the bathrooms and drinks, or others texting to find friends (yeah I did the latter of the 3).  Now John L. set was 1 hour, a little short if you ask me for someone with 3 albums plus did 3 cover songs!  A little disappointing but hey if that your style I'll ride along.

From 9:30 to 12 Sade had the crowd standing, sitting and dancing in the isles.  This was the set I wanted to see.  And believe she did not disappoint, and did not stray from her albums (like people who think crack is wack, or artist that forget their own lyrics to their songs!).  This woman who as been out of site for too long started with 'Solider of Love' and ended with 'Cherish the Day'. There were several wardrobe and set changes, and the woman still has it!  The voice, the looks and I'm not ashamed to say even the body!  For 52 years young I hope and pray I can still bounce round like her!  Daymn!  Do you feel me?  52 years young, with the voice, the body and agility to just get out there and do the daymn thang!  The background videos or short stories for each song was fitting.  Don't even get me started on her live band.  Not a DJ standing in the back spinning and scratching.  Not some fool running around the stage with his pants down to their knees spitting every 3rd word or some half dress hoochie momma standing around praying she doesn't have a wardrobe malfunction.  But a live band that compliments a beautiful voice.  Now the crowd around me was for sure an older and mixed crowd with the Sunday best on.  No not everyone when to see another act that was playing tonight at the football field.  Just to sit back and watch the faces light up when the first few notes are played like it takes them back in time to a happy memory is just priceless and give me tears of joy and a chill in my bones.  To see that her music is appreciated by many for their own reasons just brings me peace.  I'm sure that anyone that was there would have to agree, it was well worth the money no matter where you sat!  So if she should happen to come back to Pittsburgh, yes I would still purchase my ticket the same day they go on sale.  She is just that bad hands down. 

Yeah by the way, if you left before the house lights came up then you missed 'Cherish the Day'.  That is her doing her raised above the stage singing 'Cherish the Day'.  So many were ready to leave before the house lights came up totally missed the best of the best.  ~QP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tickle

Tickle

Quit Playn'

Quit Playn'